Club Privacy Code
The Yaralla Sports Club Inc. is committed to the Queensland Club Industry Privacy Code that stipulates the privacy obligations of the Club in relation to its members and patrons.
1. The Club will collect personal information that is necessary for the Club to meet or fulfill its activities and functions and is also required by law. The information can include the name, street, telephone number(s), date of birth, email address, occupation etc relating to membership applications at the Club and other information collected as the result of accessing the facilities and services provided by the Club such as player loyalty systems.
2. The Club will use lawful and fair means, that are not intrusive, to collect personal information. Where lawful and practical, the Club will provide members and patrons with a choice of interacting anonymously with the Club.
3. The Club will use personal information in ways that are consistent with the Privacy Code including where practicable seeking the consent of the members and patron about whom the information relates before using the personal information.
4. The Club will provide opportunities to members and patrons to access the information held about them by the Club to the extent provided by the Privacy Code and will ascertain and correct the information if advised in writing that the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
5. The Club has procedures in place to facilitate privacy complaints and encourages the member or patron (complainant) to first contact the Club (respondent) before approaching the Privacy Commissioner. If this facilitation is not to the satisfaction of the member or patron, the Club will advise the member or patron to refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
The Yaralla Sports Club Inc. is committed to the Queensland Club Industry Privacy Code and will adopt best privacy practices when dealing with privacy issues of members and patrons: The best privacy principles include:
- Only collect information that is necessary for the Club to fulfil its activities and functions or that is required by law.
- Tell members and patrons why the Club is collecting the information, how the Club will use and disclose the information (for example, those organizations likely to receive the information) and how they can access the collected information as well as other details required under the Privacy Code.
- Use and disclose personal information for a secondary purpose or for direct marketing in accordance with the Privacy Code.
- Give members and patrons an option of interacting anonymously with the Club, where lawful and practicable.
- Use fair and lawful means to collect information. ensure that the information held by the Club is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Ascertain and correct any information that is not accurate, complete and up-to-date upon member’s and/or patron’s request.
- Take reasonable steps to protect members’ and patrons’ information held by the Club by locating the information in a secure place in the Club.
- Permanently destroy or de-identify all information that the Club will not need in the future.
- Prevent unauthorized access, modification, misuse or loss of information by putting in place policies and procedures that explain which staff members can access the information and under what circumstances.
- Designate a staff member to facilitate privacy issues at the Club.
- Not use Commonwealth Government identifiers, unless allowed by the Privacy Code.
- Not transfer information overseas unless specific conditions outlined in the Privacy Code are met.
- Place signage in the Club to make members and patrons aware of the privacy obligations of the Club, including the privacy complaint facilitation mechanism in place at the Club.