- All players must report to Brownie’s Golf Shop before teeing off
- Mobile phones should be turned to silent or vibrate
- Work men and machinery has right of way at all times
- Social players must give way to competition players
- Those teeing off on No. 3 must give way to those teeing off on No. 6
- Those teeing off on No. 10 must give way to those teeing off on No. 12
- When playing in competitions, your card must be returned within 10 minutes upon completion of your round. Your membership number must be recorded on your card
- The course and clubhouse is a licensed premises – strictly no BYO. Beverages can be purchased from the Clubhouse.
- Each player must have their own set of clubs when playing.
- All golfers must wear collared shirts on the course (men and women) and enclosed footwear with socks above the ankles. No thongs or sandles allowed.
- It is unacceptable for players to remove shoes and/or shirts while playing
To uphold the quality of the course, players are asked to observe the following care instructions:
- Players MUST carry sand buckets and repair all divot holes with sand
- Bunkers MUST be raked. Please leave the rake outside of the bunker with the handle lying parallel to the line of play
- Pitch marks on greens MUST be repaired
- Pull Buggies are NOT to be taken across the greens
Motorised Golf Carts:
- Carts must always be driven with due consideration for other players
- Carts must not travel within ten metres of the green or tees, or between bunkers and greens under any circumstances
- No more than two persons may ride in a cart at any one time
- Children under the age of sixteen years are NOT permitted to drive carts
- The utmost consideration must be given to the preservation of turf. KEEP OFF wet areas. KEEP OFF areas which have already been damaged by wear. KEEP OFF areas subject to heavy traffic between greens and adjoining tees
Pace of Play
All Members enjoy a round of golf that flows and does not involve constant waiting. In accordance with the Rules of Golf this Pace of Play Policy has been established on the following principles:
- All players (not just the lowest marker) are responsible for the speed of play of their group
- All players are required to be on the tee 5 minutes prior to your tee time
- 4 hours and 30 minutes is the required maximum time for a group to complete 18 holes
- Over 4 hours and 30 minutes is an unacceptable period of time to complete 18 holes of golf
Strategies to Achieve a Good Pace of Play
- Check-in at least 10 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Be on the tee 5 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Every player is responsible for the speed of play of their group.
- Always endeavour to keep up with the group in front of you.
- Move quickly between shots and be ready to play when it is your turn.
- If you are behind, abandon the “Honour” system and the furthest from the hole hits first rule and adopt the procedure where, if it can be done safely, the person who is ready hits, even if he is further up the fairway, providing it is safe to do so. On the tee, shorter hitters hit first. Longer hitters hit last.
- Play a provisional ball if there is some doubt to where your ball finished.
- Leave buggies on the side of the green nearest the access to the next tee.
- Line up your putt and get set to putt while other players are putting without breach of etiquette.
- Putt out whenever possible (except in matchplay).
- If you “have the honour” on the next tee, hit first and then mark your scorecard.
- Mark your scorecard on the next tee while others are teeing off.
- In other than Stroke competitions, pick up your ball when you cannot score.
- If you lose a ball and or fall behind, play your next few shots as soon as it is safe to do so.
- If asked to ‘catch-up” to the group in front by a Club Official, a group has 2 holes to achieve its correct position in the field.
- Follow these timing checkpoints during your round:
- complete the first 6 holes in 1 hour 25 minutes
- complete the front 9 holes in 2 hours 10 minutes
- complete the first 15 holes in 3 hours 35 minutes
- complete the 18 holes in 4 hours 20 minutes
- Please do not:
- mark score cards on the green
- take an excessive number of practice swings
- replay putts