Update 14 December 2020 – 12pm
Indoor dancing will be allowed in all venues including pubs, clubs and nightclubs, with no more than 1 person per 2 square metres. Please note that social distancing does still apply and members and guests are encouraged to remain 1.5m from the next social group.
This means however that we have been able to book performer Pheobe Jay for New Year’s Eve. Please click here to see the Facebook Event.
UPDATE – 17 November 2020 – 4pm
We are happy to announce that our capacity restrictions have been changed from 1 in 4m² to 1 in 2m². This means that our club can potentially hold up to 1,162 persons throughout and gaming has now been increased to 130 persons.
Unfortunately, we have not yet received word or directive in regards to self-service buffets meaning that Encore and our much-loved Christmas Day buffet remains on hold for now.
We thank all of our members and guests for the patience they have shown this year and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please note that the changes listed below are still in place and we thank you for your co-operation, following these small changes and guidelines will help us move towards being able to be back at full capacity.
Update – 3 July 2020
YAY! Gaming and extended Trading Hours start from 12 noon today!!!
Our Y Rewards program and purchases at our participating retailers will also start today. There are a few changes to the program, please see our Rewards tab on our website for details.
All available dining options and open areas are available for viewing at our website. The Gladstone Golf Club will also be available for gaming from 12 noon today.
There will still be some noticeable changes when you come in:
- Signage has been provided throughout the club – please follow instructions from our staff, maintain social distancing and if you have experienced a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, please stay home.
- Floor markings are available at busy areas of the club – please ensure there is 1.5 metres between you and others waiting in a queue.
- Pacino’s bookings are advised – please phone 4979 8270 to secure your table.
- Self serve buffets and communal stations are not available at this time – this includes communal water stations and condiment stations
- There are separate areas in the Member’s Lounge for ordering and food collection – please look for the hanging signage available.
- Sanitiser stations are available throughout the club – please use these before you enter an area and frequently throughout your visit.
We thank you for your co-operation during your visit, we’re very excited to welcome you and we hope to see you soon!
Update – 1 july 2020
We are so excited to hear the news of Stage 3 easing of restrictions! 🥳🎉
We are still waiting for the Industry Approved COVID-Safe plan to be put in place and are waiting on clarification on a few things. We currently expect the information to be available to us by late Thursday or early Friday. Once we have received the plan from QLD Health, we will post on our socials and websites.
We ask that you please hold any questions in regards to the easing of restrictions until we have had further directive from QLD Health and we thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.
Update – 5 june 2020
It is with great excitement that we can announce Yaralla Sports Club be opening our doors Friday 5 June at 12pm. Gladstone Golf Club will follow on Saturday 6 June at 10am.
We would like to remind members to comply with social distancing during your visit and if you have experienced a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or traveled overseas in the past month, please stay home.
There will be some noticeable changes when you come in, please follow instructions from our staff.
During this time, we are open for Members only. If you wish to become a member, please see our staff at the front desk. It is a condition of entry Members are required to swipe their cards through the kiosk machine at the front of the club on entry.
At this stage we will have the following areas and activities available:
- Pacino’s breakfast and dinner
- Cafe on the Point, bar and Keno
As restrictions ease, we will continue to update you through our social media platforms and this website.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
UPDATE – 23 March 2020
It is with a sad heart that we let you know that Yaralla Sports Club, Gladstone Golf Club and Yaralla Fitness Centre will close today at 12.00 midday as announced by the Prime Minister on Sunday 22nd March 2020.
Formerly (Queensland Alumina Sports Club) the club was formed in 1966 to organise sporting and social activities for QAL and it’s employees. Yaralla Sports Club has contributed millions of dollars towards community, sporting and social events since it’s inception 54 years ago and stands proud of it’s achievements as a community owned not for profit.
The closure will impact all services and facilities and despondently we have been forced to stand down our employees with no certain future.
We thank you for your support and with fingers crossed we hope to have the opportunity to resume operations in the future.
Best wishes to all.
UPDATE – 20 March 2020
Commencing Friday 20th March 2020, the Federal Government has clarified restrictions:
- In a given occupied space, there must be a density of no more than one person per four square metres of floor space. The 4sqm arrangements for venues will come into effect from 20 March and will be mandated through state and territory regulatory arrangements.
- For example, there can be 25 people in a 100-square metre room, who should maintain a physical healthy distance between each other of 1.5 metres.
19 March 2020
In an address to the nation yesterday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced tough new restrictions on indoor gatherings. The Federal Government has now banned all non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people.
Understandably the new rules have placed substantial restrictions on our club and the activities and services which we can lawfully supply.
Yaralla Sports Club faces some unique challenges with this restriction as it would not be uncommon for up to 700 people to share the facility during busier periods.
We will still be able to provide the following to our members:
- Encore will remain open and trade as usual
- Member’s lounge and the cafe menu will trade as usual
- Y Rewards will remain in tact with members still able to earn rewards in partnership with our local retailers
- Bingo will still have sessions, although limited
- Gaming and KENO facilities
- Lifestyle package will remain in tact – no gym or golf restrictions have been put in place so you can still visit our Fitness Centres and the Golf Club!
- Our trading hours will not change
- Room service will still be available to hotel guests
Commencing Friday 20th March we will not be able to provide the following facilities until further notice:
- Courtesy Bus
- Kid’s play room
- Promotions – including our Dare to Dream promotion
- Live entertainment
- Pacino’s restaurant
- Communal water facilities
The website has been completed updated to reflect these changes and any changes that will occur at our other venues including the Golf Club.
We thankyou for your ongoing support and ask that during this period of restricted trade you be considerate when visiting the club as this is a tough time for our employees who are also struggling to adapt to the changes in their work and personal lives.
We apologise for any inconvenience that these changes to operation may cause and we look forward to returning to the provision of full services as soon as possible.