UPDATE – 23 March 2020
It is with a sad heart that we let you know that Yaralla Sports Club, Gladstone Golf Club and Yaralla Fitness Centre will close today at 12.00 midday as announced by the Prime Minister on Sunday 22nd March 2020.
Formerly (Queensland Alumina Sports Club) the club was formed in 1966 to organise sporting and social activities for QAL and it’s employees. Yaralla Sports Club has contributed millions of dollars towards community, sporting and social events since it’s inception 54 years ago and stands proud of it’s achievements as a community owned not for profit.
The closure will impact all services and facilities and despondently we have been forced to stand down our employees with no certain future.
We thank you for your support and with fingers crossed we hope to have the opportunity to resume operations in the future.
Best wishes to all.
UPDATE – 20 March 2020
Commencing Friday 20th March 2020, the Federal Government has clarified restrictions:
- In a given occupied space, there must be a density of no more than one person per four square metres of floor space. The 4sqm arrangements for venues will come into effect from 20 March and will be mandated through state and territory regulatory arrangements.
- For example, there can be 25 people in a 100-square metre room, who should maintain a physical healthy distance between each other of 1.5 metres.
19 March 2020
In an address to the nation yesterday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced tough new restrictions on indoor gatherings. The Federal Government has now banned all non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people.
Understandably the new rules have placed substantial restrictions on our club and the activities and services which we can lawfully supply.
Yaralla Sports Club faces some unique challenges with this restriction as it would not be uncommon for up to 700 people to share the facility during busier periods.
We will still be able to provide the following to our members:
- Encore will remain open and trade as usual
- Member’s lounge and the cafe menu will trade as usual
- Y Rewards will remain in tact with members still able to earn rewards in partnership with our local retailers
- Bingo will still have sessions, although limited
- Gaming and KENO facilities
- Lifestyle package will remain in tact – no gym or golf restrictions have been put in place so you can still visit our Fitness Centres and the Golf Club!
- Our trading hours will not change
- Room service will still be available to hotel guests
Commencing Friday 20th March we will not be able to provide the following facilities until further notice:
- Courtesy Bus
- Kid’s play room
- Promotions – including our Dare to Dream promotion
- Live entertainment
- Pacino’s restaurant
- Communal water facilities
The website has been completed updated to reflect these changes and any changes that will occur at our other venues including the Golf Club.
We thankyou for your ongoing support and ask that during this period of restricted trade you be considerate when visiting the club as this is a tough time for our employees who are also struggling to adapt to the changes in their work and personal lives.
We apologise for any inconvenience that these changes to operation may cause and we look forward to returning to the provision of full services as soon as possible.